Polyvine Metallic Shimmer
Features and Highlights
- A water-based decorative pearlescent paint for both interior and exterior surfaces
- For use on interior walls, picture frames, furniture, exterior metalwork and more
- A tough and durable coating, resistant to heat and water
- Can be brush, roller or spray applied
- Dries to a semi gloss, pearl finish
- Quick Drying
- Non tarnishing
- High V.O.C
|No. of coats||2-3|
|Coverage||Up to 10m² per litre|
|Drying time||1 hr|
|Size||500ml, 1L, 2.5L|
|MPN||Please Select Size/Option|
|GTIN||Please Select Size/Option|
Polyvine Metallic Shimmer is a rich, luminous pearlised paint suitable for a wide range of interior and exterior surfaces, such as interior walls, plaster work, picture frames, furniture, pottery, metal gates, railings, architectural ironmongery and more. Use on its own or blend with acrylic colourants to create a vast range of pastel pearlescent finishes. Its unique and luxurious qualities have made it the perfect choice for use in decorative projects, such as museums, churches, theatres, bars, restaurants and famous country houses.
- To create shimmering pastel pearlescent shades, blend with Polyvine Acrylic Colourant
To get the best results, ensure surfaces to be painted are sound, clean, dry and free from all defective or poorly adhering material, such as rust, dirt, grease and wax.
Previously Painted Surfaces
- Thoroughly rub down previously painted surfaces, wipe off with a damp, lint-free cloth to remove all traces of sanding dust
- Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960s paint surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead
- If using a base coat, use a similar colour to help increase the overall coverage
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability, colour and final finish. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the container at all times.
Stir the product thoroughly before use.
- If adding a colourant, mix 500ml of Polyvine Metallic Shimmer with 50g of Polyvine Acrylic Colourant in a suitable container
- For a lighter shade use less colourant, for a darker shade use more
- Ensure the product is well mixed. Do not shake
- Apply 2-3 full coats using a good quality synthetic brush, roller or spray system
- On porous surfaces dilute the first coat with 10% water
- On bare wood, lightly denib the surface between applications
- Remove all traces of de-nibbing / sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner
- Allow 2-4 hours between coats and 15 minutes to 1 hour after the final coat, before use
- Protect surfaces from heavy objects for the first 5-7days
If a hammered effect is required, apply using a stippling brush
Cleaning EquipmentApplication equipment can be cleaned using soap and water before the coating dries. Any dried deposits will need a paint stripper for removal. Once cleaned, allow to dry naturally.