Polyvine Crackle Glaze
Features and Highlights
- A water-based acrylic coating for creating decorative aged effects on interior emulsion
- Produces a consistent cracking effect across the surface
- Suitable for use on furniture, skirting, architrave and more
- Can be brush or spray applied
- Quick drying
- Low odour
|No. of coats||1|
|Coverage||Up to 8m² per litre|
|Drying time||1 hr|
|Size||100ml, 500ml, 1L|
|MPN||Please Select Size/Option|
|GTIN||Please Select Size/Option|
Polyvine Crackle Glaze is a specialised coating for use with emulsion to produce a two coloured cracking effect across the surface, by using separate coloured emulsions paint. Ideal for use on furniture, picture frames, pottery, skirting and architrave.
- Need a concentrated colourant for use on projects around the home? Use Polyvine Acrylic Colourant
- To create a frosted glass effect on interior glass and plastic, use Polyvine Glass Frosting
Ensure that all surfaces to be treated are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, grease, wax, polish and any other surface contaminants.
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability, colour and final finish. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the container at all times.
Practice on walls and vertical surfaces beforehand.
- Mix the product thoroughly before use
- Seal any porous surfaces
- Apply 1 coat of satin emulsion for the basecoat, in the chosen colour (This will be the colour of the cracks)
- Allow the base coat to dry, following the instructions on the tin
- Apply an even coat of Polyvine Crackle Glaze, working in one direction only
- If application is uneven and rough, remove the glaze using a damp cloth and reapply, working it into the surface before laying it off smooth
- Allow up to 1 hour for the crackle glaze to dry
- Using a different colour, apply 1 coat of matt emulsion for the top coat – dilute with 10% water to ease the paint flow
- Apply the top coat in a different direction to the crackle glaze, with minimal applications
- Allow the entire project to fully dry for 24 hours
- The cracks will appear immediately as the paint dries
For larger areas, it is advised to use a HVLP spray gun to achieve a uniform coverage. Apply 6-8 inches from the surface in a sweeping motion. Read the manufactures instructions for use.
Please note: The width of the cracks will depend on the thickness of the top coat applied. If over brushed the glaze and paint will mix and no cracks will appear.
Cleaning EquipmentApplication equipment can be cleaned using soap and water before the coating dries. Any dried deposits will need a paint stripper for removal. Once cleaned, allow to dry naturally.
Polyvine Crackle Glaze must be protected with Polyvine Decorators Varnish