Polyvine Wood Dye
Features and Highlights
- A quick drying, water-based wood dye for interior and exterior use
- Suitable for softwood and hardwood timbers
- Colours and enriches the natural beauty and character of wood
- Does not blister or peel
- Can be intermixed to create new colours and shades
- Requires a protective finish
- Unique formulation avoids unsightly overlap marks
- High V.O.C
|No. of coats||1-2|
|Coverage||Up to 15m² per litre|
|Drying time||1h 30m|
Polyvine Wood Dye is a water-based dye, perfect for all interior and exterior softwood and hardwood surfaces, such as wooden floors, doors, furniture and more. Quick drying and easy to apply.
Timber surfaces to be treated should be clean, thoroughly dry and free from dust, dirt, grease, oil or any other surface contaminants. Ensure to remove any oils from oily hardwoods and any resins from resinous softwood.
Bare or New Timber
- Lightly sand new or bare timber to provide a key, removing any sanding dust
- Wipe the surface down with a lint-free cloth dampened with methylated spirit
- Remove any mould or algae growth with a dedicated cleaner
- Fill any gaps or minor imperfections in the wood surface with a suitable Wood Filler
- If the timber is not pressure treated, apply an appropriate wood preservative treatment
Previously Treated Timber
- Any old coatings must be removed by sanding back to bare wood or using a dedicated wood stripper
- Then treat as ‘New Timber’ above
Always do a test area before starting any project to asses product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the tin at all times. Do not apply to exterior wood when rain is imminent. Do not apply at temperatures below 5°C.
- Stir thoroughly (do not shake) before and periodically during use to ensure a consistent finish
- Use a suitable container to mix colours in, if needed
- Apply a liberal, even coat, working the dye along the grain of the wood where possible
- For best results, use a good quality synthetic bristle brush or cotton cloth, wiping off any excess, to give a uniform finish
- This product may be applied directly as supplied or diluted with water to create a less intense colour or shade
- Apply a second coat if a deeper shade is required, allowing 4 hours between coats
- Allow to fully dry between 1 – 2 hours
Cleaning EquipmentApplication equipment can be cleaned using soap and water. Once cleaned, allow to dry naturally.
For added protection, it is advised to overcoat Polyvine Wood Dye with a suitable top coat, such as Polyvine Heavy Duty Interior Wood Varnish, Polyvine Heavy Duty Floor Varnish or Polyvine Exterior Wood Varnish.